Located in Plaza Senayan, Garcon is so much more than your average mall restaurants. As the name suggests, Garcon is all about exploring the delights of youth. Well, in this case exploring it through various selections of curated dishes. One thing that adds value to the place is the sociable crowd. So let the conversation starts and remember that the night is always young here at Bistro Garcon.
The place is great for hanging out. Ordered the Roasted Chicken Risotto, the chicken was great but the risotto was very average. They have a great selection of cakes and desserts. Service could be much better though, they have lots of staff yet it's very hard to get their attention.
Mediocre food with poor service, plenty of better places next door
Poor service: (the unfortunate highlight of our experience there)
- There was no friendliness from the crews all the way from order taking until we left
- when we asked for 2 extra plates it seemed like it was a big inconvenience to fetch them. same when we wanted to switch the mashed potatoes for fries
- on our way out both the server and manager stared silently - they only smiled when we went directly to the manager to complain about the poor quality of service
- mediocre: salmon, beef tongue, beetroot salad (not bad but nothing special)
- good but also nothing special: rossini burger, complimentary bread (though the butter is a bit salty)
Final verdict: check out the places next door or downstairs - not worth your time or money
Visited Garcon for a quick lunch with friends and we tried LUNCH SET MENU, surprised this restaurant is one of the best restaurant in Jakarta, service and ambience is excellent, the Chef was friendly and the staff was very helpful and made us feel welcome, we will definitely come back again and try the a la carte menu.